Lindy Roux – Experienced digital & content strategist
2315 Riviera Drive, Vienna, VA 22181. Tel: 404-547-6611 (cell), email@example.com, @lindroux, lindroux.wordpress.com
4/2009 – Present Lead Content Strategist, Engauge Digital
- Establish and lead a team of content professionals (including content strategists, copywriters, content managers, research associates and SEO analysts).
- Develop, present and implement content strategy for a number of e-commerce and enterprise-level sites, experiential microsites and online communities.
- Collaborate closely with UX, creative, research and social media teams to deliver the best possible user experience.
- Advocate for the discipline across the agency and with prospective clients.
Measures of Success:
- 5 – 7% increase in sales for The Home Depot categories redesigned
- 10 -50% increase in attributable revenue for The Home Depot kitchens category
- Page 1 search engine rankings for all 25 Home Depot Installation Services landing pages that translated to a 6.3% increase in leads generated.
- Qualitative support from clients: “Kudos to you and your team—the holiday activation looks great. We were able to create a festive holiday spirit but didn’t go overboard and preserved our being real, authentic and genuine.” – Home Depot CMO, Frank Bifulco
8/2002 – 3/2009 Freelance Content Strategist/Copywriter
Projects include web content strategy and copywriting, brand assessment, brochures, direct mail pieces, email campaigns, internal newsletters, books, proposals and articles.
Clients include :
New York Life; CVS.com; Sprint/Nextel; Given Imaging; Superior Waste Services; Boost Mobile; Ecotech; XM Radio; Homes of Atlanta; Deardorff Communications; The Coca Cola Company; BellSouth; Cingular; Branded Ground, Inc.; Lightscape Media Corporation; KooKoo Bear Kids; Times Media, Inc. Singapore; Whole Foods for a Whole Education; Thai Business Intelligence Alert; High Meadows School and Camp.
8/1997 – 5/2000 Researcher/Writer, HongKong Bank
Independent research for and writing of in-depth country profiles for use for the bank’s clients who were relocating or looking to invest abroad. Countries researched include Taiwan, New Zealand, India, Vietnam, China and Egypt.
1/1997 – 8/1997 Senior Editorial Manager, Keith Statham Associates
Writing and editing of investor relations documents, including IPO presentation materials, annual reports, company brochures and press releases (often working from poorly translated financial prospectuses). Worked closely with Chinese translators to preserve the essence of original text.
1/1994 – 12/1996 Senior Research Manager, Nedcor Asia Limited
Preparation of economic research and company analyses for circulation to clients. Presentation of biannual client seminars. Media Liaison and writing of press releases. Private client investment advice and portfolio tracking.
1/1989 – 12/1993 Group Economist, Gold Fields of SA Ltd
Management of a team of economists and analysts who tracked the domestic and international economies as well as precious and base metal markets. Output included quarterly economic presentations to the company board, econometric modeling of various markets, share analysis and investment recommendations.
Bachelor of Commerce (Honors), 11/1989, Univ. of S.Africa, South Africa
Bachelor of Commerce, 11/1988, Univ. of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Conversant with a number of Content Management Systems and community platforms, including Documentum, Sharepoint, WordPress, Telligent
- Regularly use a variety of analytics and SEO tools, including SEOMoz, Rankchecker, Google Analytics, Wordtracker, Omniture
- Software knowledge includes Omnigraffle, Excel, Word, etc.